Sean Sweeney has over 20 years’ experience in Live Entertainment Ticketing and has provided a number of services to clients since selling his interest in Encore Tickets in 2009. In addition to his ticketing knowledge, his experience as both a venue operator and producer means he can bring a pragmatic, wide-ranging perspective.
Areas of expertise include:
- Pricing and Inventory management.
- A detailed knowledge of London’s Ticket Agents and how to maximise both sales and yield through this diverse distribution network.
- How to get the most out of the Coach, Groups and Education markets for both long-running and limited season shows/exhibitions
- A detailed knowledge of the UK and Overseas Travel Trade market and what’s needed to maximise sales to this complex but lucrative market.
- An extensive knowledge of the online ticketing marketplace from both the customer facing end and back office operation for both B2C and B2B systems.
- Social Media Strategy and Management
- Sales reporting and analysis.
- Set up and operation of onsite box office
Here is an example of some of the projects Sean has worked on:-
Consultant (Ticketing) - EXHIBITIONISM - The Rolling Stones (from July 2015 - September 2016)
The Rolling Stones staged their first ever major exhibition at London’s prestigious Saatchi Gallery, between April and September 2016. EXHIBITIONISM was the most comprehensive and immersive insight into a group described by critics as ‘The Greatest Rock ‘n’ Roll Band’, taking over the entire Saatchi Gallery, on London’s King’s Road.
Consultant (Business Development) - London Theatre Direct ( May 2012 - May 2015)
London Theatre Direct has been providing theatre tickets, hotel accommodation and restaurant bookings online since January 2000. Tickets are sold through their own website and also through a network of affiliate and white label partners as well as a bespoke B2B solution for trade partners.
Consultant (Business Development) - Whatsonstage.com (August 2010 - July 2012)
Whatsonstage.com is Britain’s biggest performing arts website and ranked as number 1 in the UK by Alexa and number 2 by Hitwise. The site is a mix of news, reviews, ticket offers and discounts. Whatsonstage also runs the Whatsonstage.com Theatre Club and produce the successful Whatsonstage.com Awards
Ticketing Consultant (December 2009 - May 2012)
Offering specialist advice on all aspects of ticketing and ticketing-related services within the live entertainment industry. Clients included The Tickethour, Breganza Group and Kingdom Entertainment Group.
Business Development Director - Encore Tickets Limited (October 2000 - December 2009)
One of founding members of Encore Tickets with responsibility for all aspects of business development; in charge of online sales, product acquisition, supplier relationships, IT, phone systems, reservations system programming, trade desk and the inventory department. Managed Encore online sales network which consists of over 200 white label partners, 20 fully integrated XML clients, affiliate relationships via affiliate window, direct sales via Encore’s own consumer brands and also Encore’s Travel Trade site.